Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 18, 2008

4th Birthday Party

November 12 & 15
Karson turned 4 years old on Wedn, Nov. 12th. We had a small party after church with cake and strawberry ice cream. Brent was in Gainesville still so it was just mom, boys, MeMe, PaPaw, Grammy, and Grandpa. Karson even helped me make his Lightning McQueen cake. He did a great job!!
We love Lightning!!

Hey Lightning, you there?? Are you in California? He loves his new cars phone.

On Sat, Nov 15 we had family over for his "official" party. Not many but just cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. Karson again celebrated with Lightning. We did not really appreciate me using his real car on the cake. He said the wheels would get dirty. However at 2am Friday night I didn't care what he thought. I made the cakes and really like to do it but not this time. I ended up making the white icing to cover the cake too thin so it didn't harden quickly enough to smooth. Then while talking on the phone I mixed up another batch for the colors and decorations. I forgot I was halfing the recipe and put in the entire bag of powdered sugar. It was very thick. By the time I got done, my hands hurt so bad I couldn't even squeeze any more bags. I was in tears before it was over it hurt so bad. Moral of the story- don't talk on the phone while cooking!!



Thanks David and Jenny for all the chocolate. We'll call you at midnight when he is still bouncing off the walls.



Enjoying cake and strawberry ice cream with Korbin and cousin, Kambell




New cars race track was a hit. It was fun to watch the cars race around the track and even crash into each other. Thanks mom and dad!!




No comments: